The purpose of this tender is to engage a suitable Contractor for the Design and Construct of Lee Street Substation as part of the Power Supply Upgrade Program. The Lee Street Substation will be located on RailCorp property, built at Central Station yard adjacent to the existing STA Bus Depot and Gateway Building on Lee Street in the air space above the cutting of the tunnel that leads to the Darling Harbour Goods Line.
The Scope of work includes the design and construct of:
- Civil Works including excavation, earthworks, roadwork and drainage;
- Building Works comprising the construction of concrete footings and slabs, masonry walls, roofing, lighting, mechanical ventilation, hydraulic services and security fencing;
- Landscaping including planting;
- Electrical Works including construction of underground and GST cable routes, installation of 33kV and 1500V feeder cabling, installation and point testing of the equipment supplied by both the Principal and Contractor;
- Communications including supply and installation of phones, data, SCADA system testing within the substation and associated cabling works;
- Utility Services including connection of substation water and sewer supply to existing network; and
- Commissioning of new traction substation including rectifier and auxiliary transformers, reactors, switch gear, DCCBs and all associated electrical equipment required for the operation of the substation.
Refer to Additional Details / Instructions
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details.
Additional Details / Instructions
Tenderers are required to return via email an executed copy of the Confidentiality Deed Poll and Deed of Disclaimer in order to receive the remainder of the Invitation to Tender documents.
A mandatory Site Inspection will be convened by TfNSW at Central Station on Thursday 9 October 2014 at 10am.
The meeting point will be at Central Station, Lee Street entry/exit.
Tenderer's will be permitted a maximum of two (2) attendees at the TfNSW convened Site Inspection. Attendees are required to pre-register by e-mail to the Contact Officer by 5.00pm on Tuesday 7 October 2014, providing the names of all attendees.
Address for Lodgement
Conditions for Participation
The Tender must demonstrate as a minimum:
- Attendance at the mandatory Site Inspection;
- Evidence that the Tenderer has a turnover in construction activities of $30 million total in the three financial year periods of July 2010 to June 2013;
- Evidence that the Tenderer (and/or Tenderer's subcontractor) has successfully completed a multi disciplinary design on 2 or more rail projects over the last 5 years in excess of $500,000 (per project); and
- Evidence that the Tenderer has successfully delivered 2 or more multi disciplinary design and construction projects in the electrical power distribution environment within the past 5 years in excess of $5,000,000 (per project).
Estimated Timeframe for Delivery