The Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) is providing $5.6m over three years for projects that will improve the well-being of carers. FACS will fund projects that best align with the five focus areas identified in the NSW Carers Strategy and will consider applications from a wide range of organisations.
The Program is a redesign of the former Carers Grants.
Since 2007, the Carers Grants funded the same set of services. These have provided valuable support to carers. However, changes in the policy and service environment indicate that it is timely to reconsider how to get best value for carers from this resource. These developments include:
- the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- the NSW Carers Strategy 2014-19
- the NSW Carers (Recognition) Act 2010 (amended 2016)
- the Australian Government’s aged care reform as set out in the Aged Care Roadmap
- the Australian Government’s Integrated Plan for Carer Support Services, currently under development
- the NSW Government Commissioning and Contestability policy which is driving customer-centric reform and exploring ways to create better service outcomes.
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details