The Centennial Park & Moore Park Trust (Trust) presents an opportunity to be part of one of the world's leading public parklands. Originally a swamp and then set aside as land for the water source for Sydney, Centennial Park was reconstructed as a public park and opened in 1888. Centennial Park is not only one of Australia's best known and loved parks, but one of its most historic being recognised for its outstanding heritage value to the nation as the site chosen for one of the defining events in Australia’s history: the inauguration of the Commonwealth of Australia.
Centennial Parklands is home to some of the most historically and socially significant urban spaces in Australia. It encompasses three major urban parks including Centennial Park, Queens Park and Moore Park, covers 360 hectares and enjoys more than 31 million visits annually.
Centennial Park is highly valued for its space, scale, beauty and grandeur and for the rarity and diversity of its Natural, Indigenous and Cultural heritage. In 2018, Centennial Park was honoured with an Australian National Heritage Listing and in that same year, became one of the world’s first recipients of the coveted Gold International Large Urban Parks Award, for its well managed and protected mix of rich nature, well preserved heritage and provision of a good range of activities, in cooperation with the community in the heart of the densely populated inner Sydney.
Centennial Homestead, comprising two restaurants, café, kiosk and adjacent visitor information counter is located less than 5 km to the southeast of the Sydney CBD and positioned within the ‘green lungs’ of Centennial Park.
The Trust is seeking commercially viable and sustainable REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS from suitably qualified and experienced operators for the delivery and management of food and beverage services at its landmark Centennial Homestead, for a period of up to ten years.
Successful Proponents will be required to work closely and collaboratively with the Trust to realise the vision for the Parklands and to achieve the Trust’s principal objects under Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust Act 1983, by:
- Providing an affordable, quality food and beverage service that is to a standard appropriate to the Centennial Park image and brand.
- Ensuring the food and beverage offerings cater to a wide range of clientele and are always responsive and flexible to the varying requirements of clients and Parkland’s patrons, to enhance the visitor’s experience of Centennial Park.
Adopting the core value of sustainability, one of the Trust’s strategic priorities will be a focus on growing and diversifying its funding sources to secure its environmental, social and financial future. Excellence in the delivery and management of food and beverage services on Trust lands will help the Trust achieve its goals by:
- Encouraging the use and recreational enjoyment of Trust lands by enhancing the visitor experience and overall wellbeing.
- Growing the value of Trust lands by creating sustainable and commercially viable opportunities to engage and delight the visitor.
- Creating unique destination experiences with exceptional hospitality that exceed visitor expectations and generate repeat visitations.
- Inspiring innovative designs with a sense of place that acknowledges the cultural, historical, environmental and educational significance of Trust lands.
- Promoting a service environment that reflects the value of the organisation and increases its overall capabilities.
- Providing leading and progressive user-friendly technologies to interact with the visitor in a safe and secure environment.
The Trust is offering an exciting and unique opportunity to join and become part of the Centennial Parklands family, by taking on, transforming and continuing to tell its story in the delivery and management of exceptional and memorable food and beverage services that enhance visitor experiences at one of Sydney's premier locations – Centennial Homestead.
Successful Proponents will be identified and recommended through an Evaluation Process. The Evaluation Process will be based on the Returnable Schedules and supplementary information requested to be lodged by prospective Proponents for assessment. The lodgment of incomplete or inadequate information may impact the Evaluation Process.
Refer to Additional Details / Instructions
Additional Details / Instructions
Please refer to attached documents for further information..
Centennial Park & Moore Park Trust
All contact must be in writing to the email address advised. Responses will be dealt with expediently.