Digital Engineering (DE) is now recognised as global best practice for infrastructure agencies, as a growing number of government and client organisations are now mandating the use of DE techniques and deliverables from their supply chain.
DE is a collaborative way of working, using digital processes, to enable more productive methods of planning, designing, constructing, operating and maintaining our assets. This is achieved by creating a Common Data Environment (CDE), that aligns digital information systems including Computer Aided Design (CAD), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Building Information Modelling (BIM), electronic document management, project controls (time, cost, risk etc), asset data and other related systems.
Over recent years DE has been implemented on a project-by-project basis, to achieve project benefits such as improved safety, reduced risk and greater cost certainty. In order to achieve more enduring, whole-of-life benefits DE implementation requires a consistently, standards-led approach, supported by an overarching strategy. This scheme has been developed to establish has a pool of suppliers that are prequalified, to supply necessary DE services to NSW Government.
Applicants will be required to address all questions, and provide supporting documentation where required.
Applicant should read and fully understand the Term and Conditions of the Scheme, and the Guidelines for Applicants.
Prequalification TypesDigital Engineering Services
DocumentsTerms and Conditions
The Applicant must identify its areas of substantial expertise by nominating the categories in which it is seeking prequalification.1 - Digital Engineering Advisory
1.1. Maturity Assessment
• Comprehensive business analysis and benchmarking of Digital Engineering (DE) capability
• Identifying and defining DE industry best practice
• Developing an incremental improvement program for DE capability
1.2. Strategy Development and Planning
• Setting the long-term DE vision for a multidivisional organisation, function, department (MOFD)
• Defining appropriate DE policy and governance within a MOFD
• DE strategy review, evaluation, development and advice for a MOFD
• Implementation of DE strategy within a MOFD
1.3. Organisational Transformation
• Tailoring and integration of DE standards within a MOFD
• Organisation and team structure review with respect to DE and digital transformation
1.4. Business Case Development
• Business case preparation to support DE strategy and implementation
• Benefits realisation analysis and oversight of DE
1.5. Change Management
• Development and implementation of digital transformation programs within a multidivisional organisation, function, department
• Communication and stakeholder engagement planning and implementation for DE change.
• Establishment of continual improvement practices with respect to change and DE implementation
1.6. Project Management
• Detailed project planning of DE implementation within a multidivisional organisation, function, department
• Facilitation of non-traditional project management practices e.g. Agile, Design Thinking, Value Management, Human Based Design etc
• Detailed experience developing, reviewing and approving DE documentation for publication
• DE procurement planning to suit project delivery strategy, including contract model and engineering assurance
• Advice on legal aspects of DE procurement e.g. intellectual property, insurance, risk management etc
1.8. Digital Engineering Management
• Development, review and publication of documentation to support DE implementation (e.g. policies, standards, guidelines etc) within a MOFD
• Oversight and management of DE suppliers to support project delivery and asset management outcomes
• Provision of client-side DE project management to support project delivery and asset management outcomes
2.1. Business Process Mapping/Re-engineering
• Mapping information management processes and workflows
• Business process review, gap analysis, evaluation and optimisation strategies
• Integration of DE workflows into existing business processes
2.2. Integration with Asset management
• Mapping information workflows across asset lifecycle
• Development of processes to optimise project and asset data transfer across lifecycle stages (e.g. asset handover)
• Implementation of DE standards to enable consistent data/information management across asset lifecycle
• Digitalisation of workflows to enable end-to-end digital processes within a multidivisional organisation, function, department
• Digitalisation of standards to enable automated processes e.g. e.g. parametric rules-based design, data cleansing/assurance etc
• Automation of cross-platform data transfer and exchange to support DE business processes
3.1. Software Requirements and Integration
• Development of functional and non-functional requirements for DE related software platforms
• Implementation of DE software solutions to support a DE Common/Connected Data Environment (CDE) for project delivery and/or Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
3.2. Modelling Platforms
• Specialist advice of software platforms to enable DE model production, review, analysis and exchange
• Implementation and maintenance of DE modelling platforms to support a MOFD
• Implementation of software platforms to support advanced modelling techniques (e.g. parametric, rules-based design etc)
3.3. Geospatial Platforms
• Specialist advice of geospatial software platforms to enable Geographic Information System (GIS) production, review and exchange, to support a MOFD
• Implementation and management of integrated geospatial platforms to support whole-of-life asset management solutions
4.1. Business Architecture
• Mapping and specialist advice of business architecture to integrate DE within a MOFD
• Implementation of DE business architecture to enable whole-of-life DE solutions
• Implementation of master data management within a multidivisional organisation, function, department
4.2. Data Schemas and Standards
• Development of object-based data schemas and associated metadata to enable whole-of-life integrated DE solutions
• Implementation of DE object-based data standards within a MOFD
• Documenting data standards
4.3. Data Migration
• Collation, conversion and migration of project and asset data and related information between databases and software platforms
• Manipulation of asset data formats between proprietary and open data formats to support DE processes
4.4. BIM Object Library
• Development of a standardised BIM object library to enable whole-of-life integrated DE solutions
• Implementation of a standardised BIM object library to support a multidivisional organisation, function, department
4.5. Large File Management
• Technical advice on services to support large file access and management of DE related data (e.g. high-resolution video, point cloud laser scans, precinct models etc)
• Technical advice on services to support large file data access and collaboration to support a multidivisional organisation, function, department
4.6. Data Assurance/Validation
• Development of DE assurance processes to meet key asset lifecycle milestones
• Assurance of asset information and associated DE deliverables to support project delivery and asset management outcomes
5.1. Model production
• Post-production of raw data obtained from laser scanning or photogrammetry
• Feature extraction and/or object recognition from laser scan point clouds
• Digitisation and conversion of raster to vector-based models
• Processing of point clouds and/or 3D surface models to develop 3D object-based models
• Conversion of CAD elements, traditional survey and/or legacy drawing information to 3D object-based models
5.2. Geospatial production
• Production of 2D/3D GIS capturing engineering, urban design, precinct planning and related data
• Implementation of GIS solutions to support enterprise project/asset data management
• Production of photo-realistic "reality mesh" models to support project delivery and asset management outcomes
5.3. Connected data
• Production of 4D building information model (BIM) with associated scheduling information
• Production of 5D BIM with associated cost information
• Production of data-rich as-built BIM to support asset handover
6.1. Model Rendering and Animation
• Production of high-quality model rendering to support project/asset visualisation and stakeholder engagement
• Production of high-quality rendered animations to support project/asset visualisation and stakeholder engagement
6.2. Augmented Reality
• Provision of augmented reality solutions to support project delivery and asset management outcomes
• Provision of augmented reality solutions for stakeholder engagement
6.3. Virtual Reality
• Provision of virtual reality solutions to support project delivery and asset management outcomes
• Provision of augmented reality solutions for stakeholder engagement
• Development of education courses to build DE knowledge and awareness, based on global best practice
• Implementation of DE education within a MOFD
• Development of specialist DE training courses for client-side
• Development of specialist DE training courses for industry/Contractor's
• Presentation of DE training courses and engagement within a MOFD
8.1. Additional digital services not listed
• Service provider to provide details on additional digital services not listed above e.g. 3D printing, API development, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Predictive Analysis, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Smart Cities/Infrastructure etc
Digital Engineering Services Questionnaire
The Applicant must answer the following questions based on the prequalification type they are applying for
Please provide a copy of your pricing schedule.
Please provide details of your business experience in your nominated engagement types. If your organisation is new and has no corporate history you may include details of the experience of principal consultants within your organisation. Experience within Australia and overseas is relevant however the resource(s) must be available to provide services in NSW.
Some highly specialised capabilities may require additional information. Please check the Scheme Rules (Term and Conditions) and the engagement type descriptions for further details on these requirements.
Please use the attached template to provide details of at least three (3) professional service engagements your organisation has completed in the last three (3) years that relate to your nominated engagement types.
Your example engagements must describe the actual services your organisation provided, and relate to the engagement types you are applying for.
For each engagement, list the fee paid for the works that your organisation completed – not the total value of the entire works program.
Referee reports are used to assess whether the applicant has demonstrated experience within the nominated engagement
Applicants are required to provide at least two (2) referee reports completed by the referee.
Engagements should have been completed in the last three years, ongoing engagements will be considered on a case by case basis.
Referee reports should directly relate to the nominated engagement types.
The reference can relate to the referee’s experience with the Applicant or its principal consultants and may include more than one engagement.
Where the Applicant was employed as a public servant in the last 24 months, relevant work-related referees can be provided to satisfy this requirement.
Insolvency, administrations or investigations - response if applicable.
If 'YES' please provide details.
Investigations by ICAC or any other public body - response if applicable.
If 'YES' please provide details.
Please provide full name and contact telephone number of the applicant's authorised representative
Current Registered Suppliers
- 12-Dec-2019 8:55am
Removal of some Insurance questions and minor update to customer contract.
- 20-Jan-2020 4:47pm
Updated template documents
- 22-Jan-2020 10:14am
Updated Template documents
- 28-Jan-2020 3:54pm