The New South Wales Department of Education is seeking responses to establish a Standing Offer Agreement with a single supplier for the pre-press, printing, packaging and warehousing of The School Magazine (TSM). The packaging and warehousing of the magazines is an optional service and the department reserves the right not to award a contract for this component. Distribution is not required as this is carried out by the department’s existing contractor.
The scope of the services includes the following:
- Lot A - Mandatory component—pre-press and printing of four magazine titles, ten (10) times a year.
- Lot B - Optional component—packaging and warehousing services The Tenderer must be able to provide the services for the mandatory component before their offer for optional component will be considered. It is anticipated that only one supplier will be awarded the contract for either Lot A or both Lot A and Lot B of the scope of work.
Current print volume is 152,000 copies per issue, i.e. approximately 38,000 copies for each of the four (4) magazine levels, although this figure may vary with subscription levels.
States and Territories: ACT, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
Additional Details / Instructions
A full set of four (4) age-differentiated titles: Countdown, Blast Off, Orbit and Touchdown magazines will be provided to tenderers upon request. Should the tenderer wish to obtain the samples, please provide your contact details via GStenders@det.nsw.edu.au before 23 May 2018. Samples will be sent via registered post.
The RFT for The School Magazine Printing will be managed using the Department's sourcing tool DoE Ariba.
This notification is for the purposes of advertising only and no RFT documents will be issued and/or RFT responses received through the NSW eTendering portal.
Instructions of Ariba Registration:
The Department's process for organisations registering and using DoE Ariba is described in the pdf guide linked below:
1. To register your organisation on DoE Ariba:
Use the following link and click on “Register Now”: http://dec.supplier.ariba.com
Please ensure that the below fields are completed in your registration:
- Business phone number
At least one commodity supplied (UNSPC)
ABN number, or another Tax ID number if you do not yet have an ABN (please list under “Tax ID”, under Business tab, Tax Information)
If you are already registered on the DoE Ariba portal, please continue to sign in and update your company details. In case of any issues, please contact Ariba Help Center via the following link:
2. Once you receive email notification that your DoE Ariba registration has been approved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Project ID DoE1187901795 as the subject of the email to notify the Department of your interest in this application.
Interested parties must be registered in DoE Ariba as above to participate.
Tenderers are to note the following:
- the final date for notifying the Department of Ariba registration is Wednesday 6 June 2018.
the final date for submission of clarification questions to the Department relating to this RFT is Friday 8 June 2018.
Address for Lodgement
RFT responses must be lodged via DoE Ariba.
Conditions for Participation
The tendered product must be PEFC certified and the organisations involved in producing the tendered product must be accredited under ISO14001.