The NSW Department of Education is seeking expressions of interest from NSW universities to partner in the establishment of an independent, Public Policy Institute, through a grant application process. This supports the NSW Government’s commitment to enhancing the NSW university sector’s research engagement with critical government public policy issues to make an impact for NSW. The Institute would be an independent, not-for-profit organisation established with an initial endowment from a combination of public and private sources and not requiring ongoing government support.
The NSW Government will be seeking to provide a contribution of up to $10 million to the endowment fund.
Additional Details / Instructions
The EOI will be open to NSW universities only, however consortiums may apply with a NSW university lead. The EOI will provide criteria for the assessment of proposals that will broadly cover:
- Ability to deliver a Public Policy Program that helps meet NSW Government priorities and can translate research into improved outcomes for NSW
- Quality of team with demonstrated experience developing, delivering and evaluating public policy research
- Demonstration of co-investment, and other financial support, including in-kind support through facilities, for the establishment of an Institute
- Ability to support effective partnerships and collaboration across the research, industry and government sectors to support delivery and impact of work
- Strength and robustness of the proposed governance structure, including detailing how independence will be established and maintained
- Value for money, including ongoing financial sustainability of the proposal.
Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All significant queries will be responded to via Addendum to ensure the same information is provided to all respondents.
Note: the cut-off for questions is 5pm Tuesday 5 February 2019. No questions will be responded to if received after this time.
Conditions for Participation
Please refer to the Application Guide document for this grant process.