The Works to be carried out by the Contractor involve the upgrade of the existing wharf interchange at Woolwich as part of the Ferry Wharf Upgrade Program and includes both waterside and landside upgrade works.
The Works may also include Provisional Sum work for a minor upgrade of the Clarke Road ferry wharf to use as a temporary ferry stop while Woolwich is closed for construction.
The waterside features of the work include:
- Removal of the existing gangway, pontoon and associated wharf structures, including existing piles and gangway
- Installation of a new three-metre wide by 18-metre long gangway
- Installation of a nine-metre wide by 18-metre long floating covered and glazed pontoon, held in position by four new piles
- Installation of a new shore bridge to connect landside and waterside elements supported by three piles
- Installation of two new protection piles west of the gangway
- Installation of two pivot piles to assist with berthing.
The landside features of the work include:
- Upgrade the existing heritage waiting shed to improve disability access
- Upgrade of existing toilet amenities to unisex including one accessibility compliant unisex amenity
- Raise the footpath levels and re-grading of the cul-de-sac from the bus stop and parking to the wharf to achieve compliance with disability access requirements
- The raising of the footpath would be supported by the raising and structural support of the seawall and placement of rock apron on the seabed in front of the seawall
- Upgrade of three accessible car parking spaces and footpath to wharf and two kiss and ride spaces
- Installation of five bicycle parking hoops
- Install disability compliant balustrades/fencing along the seawall from the accessible parking to the wharf.
Copies of the NSW Framework and NSW Code are available at www.procurepoint.nsw.gov.au. The NSW Guidelines are available at www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au.
Additional Details / Instructions
A pre-tender meeting will be held at 9am on Wednesday 18 December 2019 at 71-79 Pyrmont Bridge Road, Pyrmont. Attendance at this meeting is strongly encouraged.
Address for Lodgement
Conditions for Participation
To be considered for this tender, tenders must satisfy the following Minimum Requirements:
- demonstrate it has successfully completed at least two (2) commercial maritime construction projects similar to the scope of the Woolwich Ferry Wharf Upgrade works where the contract value exceeded $2 million, within the last five (5) years.
- demonstrate that the Tenderer’s Team (including Contractor and any sub-contractor arrangements) has successfully worked together on at least one (1) similar project.
- comply with the obligations for Workplace Relations Management, Aboriginal Participation in Construction, Industry and Building Code to the extent required.
- be able to demonstrate it has a WH&S Management System which meets the requirements of the current accreditation criteria defined in the NSW Government Work Health and Safety Management Systems and Auditing Guidelines. The Tenderer is to attach the accreditation document.
- be able to demonstrate it has an Environmental Management System which meets the requirements of the current accreditation criteria defined in the NSW Government Environmental Management System Guidelines. The Tenderer is to attach the accreditation document.
- be able to demonstrate it has a Quality Management System that has been certified by an appropriately recognised third party body as complying with ISO 9001:2016 Quality Management Systems. The Applicant is to attach the accreditation document.All tenderers must also comply with the New South Wales Government’s Procurement Policy Framework (NSW Framework), Code of Practice for Procurement (NSW Code) and Implementation Guidelines to the New South Wales Code of Practice for Procurement: Building and Construction (NSW Guidelines).
Estimated Timeframe for Delivery