The M6 Stage 1 project (previously referred to as the F6 Extension – Stage 1) will commence delivery of the missing link from Sydney’s south to the wider Sydney motorway network making journeys easier, faster and safer. It will remove more than 2,000 trucks a day from surface roads, and help return local streets to local communities.
The Project includes:
- Twin four kilometre tunnels linking the New M5 Motorway at Arncliffe to President Avenue at Kogarah
- Ramps between the main motorway tunnel and the surface intersection at President Avenue
- Tunnel stubs for a future connection south to extend the M6
- A new intersection at President Avenue including the widening and raising of President Avenue at this location
- The upgrade of President Avenue/Princes Highway intersection to improve capacity and network integration
- Shared cycle and pedestrian pathways connecting Bestic Street, Brighton-Le-Sands to O’Connell St, Monterey, including a new bridge over President Avenue
- Motorway support infrastructure including tunnel ventilation systems and the motorway control centre
- New service utilities including a permanent power supply line
- Minor adjustments to local roads in the project area
The Project is funded by the NSW Government and is being procured and delivered by Roads and Maritime Services (“Roads and Maritime”).
Additional information on the Project is available on the Roads and Maritime website www.rms.nsw.gov.au/M6
Please see the latest media release dated 29 October 2019 on the NSW Government website www.nsw.gov.au/your-government/the-premier/media-releases-from-the-premier/sydneys-south-on-the-move-with-the-new-m6/
Roads and Maritime is inviting suitably experienced and qualified organisations to pre-register their interest to participate in the procurement process for the design and construction of the Project.
Organisations that have already submitted a pre-registration of interest in February 2019 are not required to re-submit a pre-registration of interest to this invitation.
To successfully pre-register their interest to participate in the procurement process for the design and construction of the Project, organisations:
- must be, in Roads and Maritime's opinion, a bona fide contractor, consortium or service provider who can demonstrate its capability and experience to play a significant role in a consortium, or to act as a contractor in its own right, to design and construct the Project
- which are pre-registering for the design and construction of the Project, must be a contractor who is on the Roads and Maritime Services F150 PLUS (Financial) and R5 (Roadworks) Register of Prequalified Contractors to undertake the design and construction of the Project, or, must demonstrate to Roads and Maritime how it will obtain prequalification by the time of submission of its Registration of Interest. If registering as a consortium, at least one entity of the consortium must have prequalification to both R5 and F150 PLUS. For further details regarding prequalification refer to: www.rms.nsw.gov.au/business-industry/partners-suppliers/tenders-contracts/prequalification-scheme.html
- must complete (to the satisfaction of Roads and Maritime) the Pre-registration Form (included as Attachment 1 to the Pre-registration of Interest document)
- must execute (to the satisfaction of Roads and Maritime) the Confidentiality Deed Poll (included as Attachment 2 to the Pre-registration of Interest document)
- must return these documents to Roads and Maritime, in accordance with the requirements outlined in the attached document titled “Pre-registration of Interest for the design and construction of the M6 Stage 1”.
Roads and Maritime will accept receipt of pre-registration documents (completed Pre-registration Form and executed Confidentiality Deed Poll) until 2:30pm Wednesday 20 November 2019.
Without any obligation to do so, where the integrity of the pre-registration process is not compromised, Roads and Maritime may determine (in its absolute discretion) that it is appropriate to consider a late registration request.
All tenderers must comply with the New South Wales Government's Code of Practice for Procurement (NSW Code) and the New South Wales Government's Implementation Guidelines to the New South Wales Code of Practice for Procurement: Building and Construction Industry (NSW Guidelines).Copies of the NSW Code and NSW Guidelines are available at www.procurepoint.nsw.gov.au and www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au respectively.
Roads and Maritime advises that successful organisations from the pre-registration process will be required to attend a briefing session to be held 6 November 2019 at the Roads and Maritime office in Milsons Point. The briefing session will be by invitation only.
Roads and Maritime will release the expression of interest documents to successful organisations to the pre-registration process after the completion of the briefing session with a closing date and time for the expression of interest being 2:30pm Wednesday 4 December 2019.
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please email the contact officer for details.
Address for Lodgement
Attention: Wesley Rhode
M6 Stage 1: Pre-registration of Interest for design and construction
Roads and Maritime Services
Locked Bag 928
North Sydney NSW 2059
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org