Sydney Trains is seeking to provide at least 2,500 staff with the capacity to use their smartphones as a platform for a Portable Duress Alarm (PDA) Service.
Sydney Trains is inviting proposals from qualified suppliers to provide the PDA Service, which consists, amongst other things, of the following elements:
- An Application (“the PDA Application”) that is available on a User’s Smartphone (Android or iOS) and allows the User to notify Sydney Trains Security Operations and/or the Police and Emergency Services (000) of an Incident.
- The PDA Application will allow Users to be tracked, whilst in a defined Work Location, and/or to notify Security Operations that they are working in an Isolated Working mode.
- When a User activates the Application, it will generate a Notification which provides the User’s name, phone number and identity, as well as the type of Incident that has occurred, to Security Operations
- A system that receives the Notification and displays it as an Alarm to Security Operations at Sydney Trains using a Monitoring Portal, hosted by the Contractor, or the Contractor’s third party.
- Potentially, the inclusion of a “wearable” device that can be used to remotely operate the PDA Application on the User’s smartphone.
The intention is that, when at work (in defined Work Locations), the staff can either use the Wearable (if procured), operate the PDA Application directly, or use the Smartphone (as a phone), to contact 000 or Sydney Trains Security Operations. When the PDA Application is activated, a notification is sent via the Contractor’s PDA Service to the Security Operations team at Sydney Trains, which provides information on the User’s location, contact details and the nature of the incident, in a Monitoring Portal supplied by the Contractor.
Additional Support Services are also being sought, including the provision of training videos, a help desk, and reporting and analysis services.
The Procurement will be conducted using a Procure IT contract, a draft of which is included in the RFX documentation.
To be eligible to participate suppliers must have at least one customer with more than 2000 users.
- To be eligible to participate suppliers must be an existing member of NSW Government ICT Services Scheme or applied for the membership of NSW Government ICT Services Scheme.
Additional Details / Instructions
In order to gain access to the Request for Tender documents, Tenderers are required to register their interest by sending an email: TSS.Bidder@transport.nsw.gov.au and including the following:
1) Tender No and Title, 2) RFT ID, 3) Organisation Name, 4) ACN/ABN, 5) Contact Name, 6) Organisation/contact postal address, 7) Contact email address (preferably an email address with the contact person's name), 8) Contact phone number
To gain access to the tender documents in Ariba over the internet once access is provided, please ensure that you are using PC with web browser:
- Google Chrome 54+ (64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7-11 (32-bit)
- Mozilla Firefox 24 or 27(ESR)
- Safari 9+ (64-bit)
- Microsoft Edge (32-bit)