Sydney Trains' vision is to keep Sydney moving by delivering safe, customer-focused, reliable and clean rail services. Sydney Trains contribute to the success of transport in NSW by running efficient rail services which exceed our customers’ expectations, support growth and contribute to the broader community and the economy.
Sydney Trains is responsible for the safe delivery of track, civil, signalling, overhead wiring, substation, cabling, and communication and facilities projects to maintain its assets. The projects include turnout renewals, track reconstruction, ballast cleaning, bridge renewal and major maintenance, overhead wiring renewal, resignalling and control system upgrades, specialised civil infrastructure maintenance, communications and technology asset maintenance, including delivery of condition monitoring tools.
In order to improve the way it procures track, civil, geotechnical, signalling and electrical maintenance services, Sydney Trains established a Master Services Agreement (MSA) in August 2015 with a number of Contractors on common terms and conditions for the procurement of the following categories of work:
- track work projects: ballast cleaning, re-sleepering, track reconditioning, transoms, re-railing & turnout refurbishments, resurfacing maintenance and resurfacing construction;
- civil works including bridge painting, bridge/footbridge refurbishments, culvert upgrades, drainage works and embankments/cuttings;
- geotechnical: devegetation and rock removal, rock bolting, fibrecreting & shotcreting;
- electrical works including contact wire renewal, overhead adjustment and cable route construction; and
- signalling works including points, signals, track circuits and train-stops.
Sydney Trains has a initiated a "Major Periodic Review" of this MSA for the purpose of:
inviting Tenderers to be considered as a potential Contractor under the following civil MSA category:
Category TrackD8.1 Maintenance and Construction Resurfacing
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Additional Details / Instructions
In order to gain access to the Expression of Interest documents, Tenderers are requested to register their interest through an email to TSS.Bidder@transport.nsw.gov.au, including the following information:
1) Event Title, 2) EOI ID , 3) Organisation Name, 4) ACN/ ABN, 5) Contact Name,
6) Organisation/Contact Postal Address, 7) Contact Email Address (preferably an email address with the contact person's name), 8) Contact Phone No