The F6 Extension - Stage 1 (the “Project”) will deliver the missing link from Sydney’s south to the wider Sydney motorway network making journeys easier, faster and safer. It will remove more than 2,000 trucks a day from surface roads, and help return local streets to local communities.
The Project includes:
- Twin four kilometre tunnels linking the New M5 Motorway at Arncliffe to President Avenue at Kogarah
- Ramps between the main motorway tunnel and the surface intersection at President Avenue
- Tunnel stubs for a future connection south to extend the F6 Extension
A new intersection at President Avenue including the widening and raising of President Avenue at this location
The upgrade of President Avenue/Princes Highway intersection to improve capacity and network integration
Shared cycle and pedestrian pathways connecting Bestic Street, Brighton-Le-Sands to Civic Avenue, Kogarah including a new bridge over President Avenue
Motorway support infrastructure including tunnel ventilation systems and a motorway control centre
New service utilities including a permanent power supply line
The Project is funded by the NSW Government and is expected to open to traffic late 2024 (subject to Planning Approval). The Project is being procured and delivered by Roads and Maritime Services (“Roads and Maritime”).
Additional information on the Project is available on the Roads and Maritime website www.rms.nsw.gov.au/f6
This tender opportunity is not expected to lead to the award of a contract, or the award details will be advertised elsewhere. Please telephone or email the contact officer for details
Additional Details / Instructions
To successfully pre-register their interest to participate in the procurement process for the design and construction and/or operation and maintenance of the Project, organisations:
1. must be, in Roads and Maritime's opinion, a bona fide contractor, consortium or service provider who can demonstrate its capability and experience to play a significant role in a consortium, or to act as a contractor in its own right, to design and construct, and/or operate and maintain, the Project
2. which are pre-registering for the design and construction of the Project, must be a contractor who is on the Roads and Maritime Services F150 PLUS (Financial) and R5 (Roadworks) Register of Prequalified Contractors to undertake the design and construction of the Project, or, must demonstrate to Roads and Maritime how it will obtain prequalification by the time of submission of its Registration of Interest. If registering as a consortium, at least one entity of the consortium must have prequalification to both R5 and F150 PLUS. For further details regarding prequalification refer to:
3. must complete (to the satisfaction of Roads and Maritime) the Pre-registration Form (included as Attachment 1 to the Pre-registration of Interest document)
4. must execute (to the satisfaction of Roads and Maritime) the Confidentiality Deed Poll (included as Attachment 2 to the Pre-registration of Interest document)
5. must return these documents to Roads and Maritime, in accordance with the requirements outlined in the attached document titled “Pre-registration of Interest for the design and construction, and the operation and maintenance of the F6 Extension – Stage 1”.
Roads and Maritime will accept receipt of pre-registration documents (completed Pre-registration Form and executed Confidentiality Deed Poll) until 5:00pm Thursday 28 February 2019.
Without any obligation to do so, where the integrity of the pre-registration process is not compromised, Roads and Maritime may determine (in its absolute discretion) that it is appropriate to consider a late registration request.
All tenderers must comply with the New South Wales Government's Code of Practice for Procurement (NSW Code) and the New South Wales Government's Implementation Guidelines to the New South Wales Code of Practice for Procurement: Building and Construction Industry (NSW Guidelines).Copies of the NSW Code and NSW Guidelines are available at www.procurepoint.nsw.gov.au and www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au respectively.